1 – Absence Management Standard
Poor mental health was the leading cause of British workers taking time off work for illness in 2021, costing employers an estimated £43 billion.
Reports predict that this cost will increase to £26 billion in 2030. Right now, studies suggest that each employee costs businesses approximately £586 a year in absentee costs.
This standard focuses on all aspects of attendance management including:-
- A clear attendance management policy is in place and procedures are known to staff
- Return to work interviews are conducted and recorded with concerns /appropriate support recorded and provided.
- Absence rates and causes are collected and monitored
- The organisation is familiar with and understands fitness to work certificates.
- Absence trends are monitored, and specific programmes address the issues identified to prevent further absence
Download the criteria and supporting information for this standard
You can view/download/print the details to help with your evidence gathering process if you wish, prior to submitting your evidence below
There is a natural progression and so you’ll start here at Bronze, and once completed you can move on to Silver, and then Gold on each of the eight standards.
START YOUR APPLICATION FOR THE ABSENCE MANAGEMENT STANDARD