Last year (2019) absenteeism cost the UK economy £18 billion.
Reports predict that this cost will increase to £21 billion in 2020, and £26 billion in 2030. Right now, studies suggest that each employee costs businesses approximately £500 a year in absentee costs.
This standard focuses on all aspects of attendance management including:-
- A clear attendance management policy is in place and procedures are known to staff
- Return to work interviews are conducted and recorded with concerns /appropriate support recorded and provided.
- Absence rates and causes are collected and monitored
- The organisation is familiar with and understands the fit for
work and sick notes.
- Absence trends are monitored, and specific programmes address the issues identified to prevent further absence
This standard focuses very much on the leadership of your organisation showing a consistent approach to encouraging employee wellbeing. It will ask you to ensure you have fully assessed your needs and priorities around health and work.
START YOUR APPLICATION FOR ATTENDANCE MANAGEMENT